Ordering fish with us at VS Fisheries is straight forward and we aim to make it as easy a process as possible.

Initially, it is best to call Viv Shears on 07843 306661 or Simon Scott on 07775 744130 to discuss your requirements and also to check the availability of the fish you are after. Alternatively use the Contact Us page and we will email or call you back.

Any order must be confirmed by completing the Provisional Order Form, which can be downloaded using the link below. Please email info@vsfisheries.co.uk with the coompleted form and we will then confirm that the fish have been reserved for you.

After the fish have been reserved we will write to you requesting the fishery details and permit. At this stage we require a deposit equal to 10% of the estimated fish value (+VAT) to fully confirm the order.


Stocking Paperwork

In order for us to be able to supply you with fish you will need to ensure the receiving water has the following certificate and permit in place.

CEFAS Fishery Registration Certificate

It is a requirement for all fisheries and on-growing sites to be 'registered' with CEFAS. This is a straight forward process and normally only takes 2-4 weeks once the application is submitted to CEFAS. The RW1 form is available via the link below.


EA Live Fish Movements Site Permit

In January 2015 the legislation regarding stocking fish changed from the old Section 30 consent process to a new live fish site permit system. Before applying for your permit the water must be registered with CEFAS as the Environment Agency require your CEFAS registration numbers to process your application.

To apply for your Site Permit it is a simple case of contacting the Environment Agency Fish Movement Team on 0208 4745243 or email them via fmapplications@environment-agency.gov.uk. This process can take between 2 – 4 weeks normally although if your site is in a conservation area then this may be extended up to 8 weeks due to Natural England consultation times.

Please note that VS Fisheries will not supply any fish to fishery or ongrowing sites that are not CEFAS and Environment Agency registered. We are permitted to supply ornamental and garden ponds without the above permits but please contact us for details and prices for this.